Home is where the heart is; the only true measure of real wealth and the biggest and most significant investment. That said, properly insuring your home should be a priority, right? Unfortunately, very few homeowners are into details about it. In fact, the majority will look for home insurance Kenya when their lending institution requires it. But you don’t have to be part of the statistics, here’s what you should know about getting the best home insurance in Kenya.
3 Great Tips for The Best Home Insurance Kenya
Tip #1: Home Insurance Kenya: How rates are calculated
The domestic cover premiums rates are computed taking into account the following:
- The location of your home – areas prone to hazards or regions with high crime rates have higher premiums.
- Type, age, and size of construction – older, bigger and classy buildings/homes cost more to insure.
- Replacement value of the residence – include policies to replace your residence if damaged. Note though, it excludes the value of land.
- Personal liability – adding family, pet and other covers on top of the property covers increases the premium rates.
- The value of personal belongings – this include electronics, clothing, furniture etc. and the higher the values of these properties the higher the premium rates.
Tip #2: Insure your Home with a reputable company
It’s never best if the cover is not from the best company. So, consider the following:
- Accessibility – under this consider the location of the company’s local offices, mode of communication and the level of customer service.
- Financial stability – insure with an insurer with high financial ratings.
- Claim services – consider if the company is customer-oriented. That is, how quick do they respond to your claims, do they ask too much unnecessary documents before honoring the claim etc.
- The amount of coverage they can offer you – it`s easier to manage and more affordable to insure most of your life aspects with one company. So, if the company offers life insurance, auto insurance on top of domestic insurance; the better.
- The insurer`s reputation – consider the general ratings of the company, what the customers say about it, does it charge reasonable premiums etc.
Tip #3: How to get better domestic cover rates
To ensure you save a few bucks on your insurance investment;
- Get and compare numerous quotes
- Insure adequately (that is, don`t over or underinsure)
- For any upgrades you make, do ask for a discount
- Live in low-risk areas
There you have it! Tips for getting the best home insurance in Kenya. Insuring a home is never challenging as owning one. However, you still need to go an extra mile to get the best home insurance Kenya.